Posted by long time exer on October 31, 2011 at 17:07:49
In Reply to: Re: Ten reasons its great to be out of COG/TFI? posted by Conversation Starter on October 31, 2011 at 16:18:55:
10. I can watch Dexter, Boardwalk Empire and whatever shows, movies, I want to and whenever I want to.
9. I don't have to wait for the next creepy doctrine to further degrade and humiliate myself. Instead, I get to discover who I am and what I like, what I believe, who I want to vote for..
8. I don't have to turn my income over to a (largely) scam of an operation, but I can give to whatever causes I want to and know how to spot the phonies. I can help support humane organizations with volunteer work for animals and give to Doctors Without Borders, or not give at all if I don't want to.
7. I discover and can be myself and that is an ongoing process.
6. I don't have to be allowed to drive or limited to certain types of education. I can pursue my desired areas of interest as I am financially and physically capable of doing so. This includes getting involved with hobbies like art, music and jewelry making.
5. I don't have to pretend to be superior to others and have a better life while feeling less than zero inside- a mindless zombie in a shell. Instead, I get to learn from others regardless of their religion, lack of it, their sexuality or their class status.
4. My kids got some great education and training giving them kick ass careers they would not have had if they'd been in TF, unless, perhaps, they were high level leaderships' kids.
3. My kids got to learn from mistakes and not be condemned for them, being labeled "problem cases".
2. I am not always happy, joyous and a good example. Instead, I am a real human being with a wealth of emotions that don't have to rule me, but allow me to be human and empathize without there being a reason for it (like, leading a person to TF or them being a potential "king" or "queen" or whatever)
1. I can dress like a zombie on halloween and enjoy scaring kids coming for candy. One of those "fun" types of scares that kids enjoy.
Replies to this Post:
Post a Reply