The Family Children of God by insidersChildren of God Family International
Home Chat Boards Articles COG History COG Publications People Resources Search site map
exFamily.org > chatboards > genX > archives > post #3136

This was WC's reply

Posted by repost on August 18, 2002 at 13:23:11:

From : "W C"
To : publicaffairs_mbl('thefamily','yahoo.com')">
Subject : your concerns about exFamily.org
Date : Wed, 10 Apr 2002 11:03:15 +0200

Dear John,

Thank you for writing us about your concerns. After some legal counsel, we wish to inform you that we will be happy to answer your queries and discuss the issues you brought up, IF we can verify that you are in fact writing on behalf of the Family. As you can see, my return address is mbl('wc','exfamily.org')"> and I am writing you on behalf of exfamily.org, and we would appreciate communicating with someone from a return address at thefamily.org, perhaps "" or "" or some similar address.

I do apologize, but we get a lot of mail which we have to sort through, and must verify that your email is not in fact a prank.

Regardless, for now I will oblige by addressing a few of your concerns briefly:

1) The quotes from our site: We assume you have not visited our site for some time, since the material you quoted was already updated a few weeks ago.

2) Copyright Issues: We are not aware as far as we know of the existence of any copyright or official ownership of material such as the Mo Letters. If such ownership does in fact exist, kindly return us some documentation or proof of registration and ownership.

We are not aware of "The Family", "The Family of Love" or "The Children of God" existing as a legal entity or entities. If we are in error about this, kindly return documentation to the contrary.

If either "The Family", "The Family of Love" and/or "the Children of God" in fact exist as a legal entity or entities and claim(s) copyrights for this material, kindly return the legal identifiable names of the organization's representatives making such a claim.

If in fact such ownership does exist while we do not believe it actually does, our own legal research indicates that we are well within our rights. Please be advised that we will gladly discuss our conceptions (or misconceptions) with the legally registered holder(s) of copyright should they contact us.

Yours Truly,

WC for exfamily.org

mbl('wc','exfamily.org')">')