The Family Children of God by insidersChildren of God Family International
Home Chat Boards Articles COG History COG Publications People Resources Search site map
exFamily.org > chatboards > genX > archives > post #6002

My response to RF.

Posted by Sam Ajemian on December 04, 2002 at 16:18:06

When I called Sunny Sideup I talked with Cheryl. Everything went well, (though she put me on hold more than once and though I could be wrong but she sounded nervous), until in the end I asked her how long she was in the Family. I didn't mean anything by that, I wasn't fishing for info, I was just asking. She replied that it is none of my business. Earlier she told me Sunny Side up is independent of the Family. When I asked her if Robert is part of the Family she said I would have to ask him. So this is a little bit of a backround of the following two e-mails.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Robert.
Thank you for your reply. Concerning my intentions, as everybody knows I am very anti-Family in both my writings and actions. (You can find some of my newsletters on countercog.excult.org). In the context of the persecution that Zerby claims is coming I may look even worse. I am writing an article about the Family Care Foundation - Family connection. I just found out about Sunny Side up about 10 or so days ago. Despite all else I think there is a point where there should be some contact where I can ask some questions and members of the Family like yourself or Gary can answer to me if they wish to do so. I have met and talked to several members and even when things got a little heavy it was in a civilized, professional way. I know of the deceivers yet true doctrine but I still think there can be some communication on some basic level. Specificaly in this case what I asked Cheryl on the phone is if you are a member of the Family. As far as I know you are, but I just wanted to double-check. She said she was going to let you answer that question. I don't think you made that clear in your e-mail and of course you don't have to, but if you wish to confirm that you are a Family member, or a CM member or a FM member I would like to know. I understand that Sunny Side Up legally speaking is independent of the Family. But you are a full time member of the Family, is that correct? Anyway, any further info or details you would like to provide me with would be appreciated. Please understand that I am really concerned in getting to the truth and my communication with you is a way of guarding against exagerations or any kind of false or inacurate statements on my part. I have posted you e-mail on www.exfamily.org and there have been some responses. You may not feel confortable in coming there to post but if you wish to respond to any of the points made there by e-mailing your responses to me, I would be interested in your answers. Take care, hope didn't say anything wrong or in a wrong way. Hope to hear from you. Sam Ajemian
----- Original Message -----
From: Robert Fernandez
To: ')
Sent: Tuesday, December 03, 2002 2:36 PM
Subject: Re: Sunny-sideup - The Family connection

Dear Mr. Ajemian

Thank you for writing. I regret I was not in when you called. I am presently traveling.

I have been getting messages regarding Sunny-Side Up being part of "The Family" and would like to let you know that it is not. I believe the series in question is "Cherub Wings". This series was written by me with consultation to no one except other companies we were producing it with. There is no connection with "The Family" at all- nor was it produced with any intention for it's use or distribution by them nor was any of it's content ever under anyone's approval other than our own as a company.

I would be happy to look over any questions you might have on a professional level. On a personal level, as I don't know you, it would be another matter though of course not impossible. I am not sure what your intentions are.

For the record, let me state again that "Cherub Wings" is not a "Family" production nor is it affiliated with any other religious organization.

Thanks again and I look forward to hearing from you,

Robert Fernandez