In Reply to: on target posted by excog on October 30, 2005 at 14:45:32:
I've just scanned through most of the Q&A's with James, and I might have missed something. Being a pragmatist, I'm not particularly interested in the ideological stuff, either. I'm wondering about the following:
1) Is he setting aside savings for retirement, or does he expect the Second Coming to deliver him of this burden?
2) Is he planning to let his children attend school past the 8th grade?
3) Do his children have access to medical care? How about dental care?
4) Do his children under the age of 14 work (i.e., fund-raise & witness) 20 hours a week?
5) Do he or his wife ever leave their children in the care of relative strangers, i.e., people with whom they are not well-acquainted and from whom they have no personal or professional references?
I personally think James has one foot out the TFI door, or he wouldn't have posted here in the first place. It may be a few more years, but with his open-mindedness, it's only a matter of time before he really does "see more" and decide he can make a better life elsewhere. Certainly, if he wants to continue in some form of evangelical or social ministry, he'll do better elsewhere. Why try to serve God or the poor with the kind of baggage TFI affiliation carries?